Bruce! Today was a busy day so we celebrated Bruce's birthday last night. He was thrilled because he brought treats in at school today and had his buddy Carson came over for lunch so he was able to celebrate for two days! Bruce is so full of life that he is quite a handful. I don't know that I could honestly say that I'm thankful everyday for his energy. With his partner in crime Will gone all day this year, it leaves him home half day with nothing else to do but annoy his little sisters. He can be very sweet to them, but he definitely knows how to push their buttons.
I didn't think a pocketknife was a wise choice for a boy we have nicknamed Mr. Destructo, but I guess his Dad has a softer heart than me because he bought him one. We'll see how long before he loses it.What do you buy for a boy who loves to bang on everything? Drums, of course! They are actually pretty quiet and he is having a ball with them (this was also Aaron's idea - good choice on this one).
As is tradition, I will share a few things we love about Bruce:
- listening to him talk. I had to record him a few days ago because one day I will miss hearing him not be able to say his r's and l's.
- he is the best helper. He will stay outside working with Aaron longer than anyone and is probably the best worker too. As long as he is focused, he is the best helper!
- snuggling to read books. He can be running around crazy (and he usually is), but as soon as I sit down to start reading to Madelyn, Bruce is on the other side of me and loves to snuggle.
- he loves life. Bruce just loves everything. This is sometimes a problem because he can't control his excitement, but gotta give him credit for being excited!
- he loves his little sisters. Again, sometimes he has a hard time controlling this love (do you see a pattern here?), but there is no doubt he loves them.
1 comment:
Ah, what would we do without our little tornadoes? Bruce looks like a fun little boy.
Post a Comment