Friday, November 5, 2010

I'm thankful for...{day five}

playtime with my kids. This week I have (again) found myself very frustrated with so many appointments, responsibilities, and things going on that I feel like I don't spend anytime with my kids at home. After lunch today, I started the laundry and sat down with Bruce, Madelyn, and Naomi and played Zoo Legos with them. We built a whole zoo and then I helped Naomi set up the barn and fences and she filled them with Schleich animals (my kids love these). It was so therapeutic for me to have this time with them and help me feel like sometimes I can be a good Mom! After school the kids had friends over to play and tonight we went as a family (minus Justin - too boring for him) to a school event. No swim practice, no piano, no dance, no homework - just quality family time. I needed it.

1 comment:

Introspective Steph said...

i love those zoo legos...too bad william is too young to play them.