Math skills. I thought I finished with the homework days a long time ago, but they are back and I'm afraid they are here to stay for many years to come. I'm grateful I always got good grades in Math and can understand what my kids are doing. Justin is in pre-Algebra this year. He and Elizabeth both do really well in school, but it definitely requires a lot of parental involvement (some nights more than others). This year our school changed the whole math curriculum so it has been particularly tough due to new teaching methods.
1 comment:
You know, I always got good grades in math, too, but my teachers didn't required us to always show our work like they do today. So I took short cuts like crazy (i.e., long division? Are you kidding?). Sadly, that means I'm not much help to my kids... Fortunately, Jeff is a math genius. The kids think I don't know anything. Ha!
Post a Comment